Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mainly about cycling - Aug 06

I have just (well, a few hours ago) got back from a beautiful slide show by Bryan Cockrell on his cycle ride through South America, north to south, about 15000 km in 20 months. His photography was real soul food, & his presentation included several movie-like bits (stills zoomed or panned) with music to match. I'd rushed to get there, and arrived a bit late, but it was definitely worthwhile. (This was one of the regular CapeStorm events - last time it was about a canoe trip. Fortunately for me, Cape Storm has its warehouse & factory shop - and fairly regular slide shows - just a few blocks from my flat.)

I'll be hopping on a bike myself soon, though not for anything even a fraction as ambitious. Have registered for the Great Western Cape Bike Ride in early November. That'll take us from George to Cape Town (just over 500 km) in 8 days - including a rest day in the middle, near Montagu. I haven't been on my bike for about a year - it's a bit cumbersome to carry it up & down stairs & around tight corners each time I want to ride, but I guess I'll have to ignore those excuses if I want to enjoy the GWCBR rather than just endure it.

Meanwhile I'm having fun with my business, learning a lot, gaining confidence and talking to a lot of interesting people. Life's exciting and I feel blessed and grateful.

Time's creeping toward midnight, & I've promised myself a change of schedule - i.e. to get to be before 1 a.m. so that I can get going at a more reasonable hour in the morning. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home